Natural Comfort for Recreational Equipment Inc. This piece displays all the cut and quality of rivals of its day like Holubar, Woolrich, Gerry, and Bauer.
- Dual layered 65/35 poly/cotton through out with fully lined Nylon sleeves and lower.
- 2 Top and side entry waist pocket, 2 chest pockets, zippered inner breast pocket, 2 inner waist pockets and one zippered external duck pocket.
- Heavy Duty YKK Double Zip in Grey contrast to the beige inner.
- Embossed snap closure
- Thick Velcro adjustable wrists
- Awesome Blue and White cinch cord around hood and waist with leather button keepers on the end.
Relatively little is known about the maker itself but the quality is definitely on par with what REI demanded. REI contracted other manufacturers to make gear for the Co-op such as Thaw, a Seattle based company producing down gear. This jacket has good weight and good lines. I especially like the hood construction consisting of two pieces one wrapping around and up the back and the other capping off the top and down the front side.